Friday, September 07, 2007

Cute Things I Found in My Parents' House This Summer

Where the Wild Things Are doll, which appears next to family photos. All arranged under a signed Spencer Tunick poster purchased in Buffalo, New York, during the Amagomundi Festival in July, 2005.

My dad's talking chicken, sitting next to the telephone.

Another chicken, with prized French cookware.

More chickens. These are ceramic, purchased in El Salvador by Amagomundi staff.

The chicken in the bathroom. One of our favorite chicken installations.

The hat museum, with yoga mats. We believe there is yet another hat museum in the basement.

My mom's yoga ball, which resides in my brother's closet.

My dad's coin tins. We think there are more in his bureau.

My dad's home defense system, near coin tins, next to the bed.

My mom's Converse, with green toucan socks.

1 comment:

Brian said...

"My dad's talking chicken" -- that so deserves at least two chapters in your memoir. "Chapter 8: My Humorous Father" "Chapter 9: My Mysterious Father"