Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Stuff We Did Last Week and Stuff that Happened to Me Last Week

On Wednesday Bridget and Tom and Mateo came over with a delicious lasagna. We had a really nice time. Mateo and I practiced our fake smiles.

Perhaps most worthy of note was the head-long spill I took off the back of my stroller on Thursday. Here I am at the emergency room, waiting to get my five stitches:

That's my fake smile, by the way.

We had to wait a long time for the doctor to show. Two hours of waiting inspired me to take a nap.

When the doctor finally arrived, my mom had to hold my legs, my dad held my head, and the nurses swaddled my arms with a sheet while the doctor put five sutures in my forehead. That sucked.
This is what I looked like when I got home and got changed into clean clothes.

But soon I was okay. We went to Lowe's on Friday and practiced our tongue rolling. We also bought a lot of building materials for the big home project: replacing four windows on the south side of the house.

Gary and Dad worked very hard on demolition and installation of the windows, even while it rained:



That's Gary under the tarp, cutting trim with his laser sighted miter saw.

No comments: