Saturday, April 01, 2006

The Last Day in London

On the last night in London I went to La Cigala for dinner on my wife's suggestion. She didn't recommend La Cigala in particular, but she did say that I should go out and have a nice dinner and a class of wine on my last night in London. So I had a couple of glasses of Rozaleme tempranillo, a delicious ensalada mixta (with lots of rocket in it), and halibut a la plancha, which was served with curly kale and a surprisingly delicious anchovy sauce that I will most likely try to replicate when my inlaws come to visit for Easter. (Please don't tell my mother in law. She does not like anchovies. Oh, and please don't tell my wife. She doesn't like anchovies either. At least that's what she says.) Won't they be surprised! hee hee.


And while I'm talking about my last day in London, I think that I should mention that the Institute for Germanic & Romance Studies had the cutest little sink in their first-floor bathroom. There was no mirror, but the faucet reflected marvelously.





But now this conference is over, and I'm going to bed now in my wee little bed.

No comments: