Friday, October 06, 2006

Fish Whimsy


Yes, that's an enormous fish head that has been propped up to make it look alive. And, yes, those are shrimp placed in the fish's mouth to look like they are being eaten. Now notice the garnish. The vigor in the fish's eyes. Notice the smaller, cuter fish being crushed by the splendid awesomeness of the big fish. And now you might notice how hungry you are and how much you want to eat those fishes. Yes, this amazing culinary advertising ploy has worked. We are going in. And we are going to eat some gambas. Just like the big fish did.


I can't eat any more pronto pups.

All of these fine photos were taken with the implicit permission of the Cruz Blanca bar. Señor Penguin is their mascot.


He's a whimsical fellow indeed.

1 comment:

Freddy y Blue Demon said...

That's pretty awesome.

I also like how the 3rd photo is entitled "Fish-Mouth-Amy," which is what I think I'm going to name my new band, if I can somehow obtain the implicit permission of the two parties involved.